Respite care is a short-term care support service provided at The Poplars Care Home.
This service is available for adults who may require increased assistance whilst recovering from an illness or an operation. The service is also available to Home Carers, so that they can take a break from their care giving duties whilst we provide hospitality, comfort and expert care tailored to the loved one’s needs. Respite breaks can be planned or unplanned, in cases of emergency.
The home offers several types of respite care to individuals after an initial assessment is completed to determine the type of care required, for e.g. residential, dementia or nursing care. The Poplars Care Home provides a friendly, safe and well-maintained environment for all residents and each respite resident receives the same high standards of care as our longer-term residents.
Respite residents can also take advantage of the many benefits of living at The Poplars:
- Full assessment of care needs
- Personalised care plan delivered by highly trained members of the team
- A wide range of activities and entertainment available daily
- Delicious and nutritious meals freshly prepared by our chefs
- High quality restaurant-style dining
- Luxury private room with en-suite facilities
- Fully furnished and spacious room with a bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and a bedside cabinet
Our dedicated team provide 24-hour expert care and support, combined with kindness and warmth, so you or your loved one feels right at home. If you would like to find out more about the respite service offered at The Poplars, please use our ‘contact us’ page to get in touch with the home.